Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Helping after Hurricane Ike | Fort Worth Family Photography

Being right next to Dallas I was very aware of Ike's path and the strength of the storm. I read about so many other photographer friends in the area who had to flee and thought about the countless others who also were forced to leave their homes and their posessions behind and hope they had something to return to.

I was told about a project another photographer was starting up which I thought sounded really, really interesting. The more I thought about it, the more I knew I wanted to get involved somehow in helping the people who were affected by Ike. But, like most of you, I don't have money sitting around waiting for me to stumble upon someone who needs it.

This other photographer, however, is helping to give back some of the memories which families may have lost in the storm. She is donating sessions to victims of Hurricane Ike as they try to rebuild their lives and have a real reason to celebrate life and cherish the moments they are together.

So I decided to get a little creative and come up with a plan. From now until November 30th, you may purchase a Charity Mini session for $350. The session will be for 1 hour, come with one complimentary 8x10 and 25 of your session proofs on a CD for easy printing.

Plus, $50 from your session will be donated to the RedCross to help aid in their efforts to help in the aftermath of Ike.

Also, for each of these special mini sessions purchased, you will create an opening for a session for a family who was a victim of hurricane Ike. This family will recieve a full 3 hour session with a 4x6 album of their proofs, a CD with the images, and a complimentary 11x14 to display in their new home. The session will be completed by myself or another photographer closer to a family in need.

If you'd like to purchase your session now, you my do so through paypal










Or you can email me for more information and to send a check. Sarah@SarahAnne.net

No comments: